Thursday 14 June 2012

Girls Day Out

This week saw me heading to Sydney for one of the best events in the quilt world calendar.



I am a member of the Novocastrian Quilters and the logo above is taken from the centre of the raffle quilt that our group made for this years' show.
Hope I have the winning ticket!



The show is something my friends, (henceforth known as the evil fabric sisters), look forward to every year. We have very similar taste in fabric and style of quilts so every stall holder has to produce three of everything to satisfy our shopping needs. Much shopping was done.
Fabric was purchased........A bargain at $10 - $14 a metre.




I didn't realise until I unpacked this lot that it all worked together so well. It looks like a quilt in the making, don't you think?
Other lovely things, long coveted on the Internet, are now living in my home.
Books......and a bit more fabric.......




Patterns.......and a bit more fabric.......



Needles and notions.




Apart from the shopping, there is the quilt show. Two of our friends we had the day with had quilts in the show. Here is a detail of Robyn's beautiful appliqué quilt, which won a judges commendation.



Gorgeous Lorna was justifiably proud of her entry this year.




It was a big day but as you can see from the smiles all round, a thoroughly enjoyable one.



A big thank you to my trusty driver, (and trusted friend), Chris for delivering me home safely in such rainy driving conditions and Sydney traffic.
My head is full of ideas and inspiration so I need to get stitching.
Happy stitching to you too!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment