Monday 7 July 2014

Just Chugging Along

Not much has happened in Fatquarterbird world. I am just chugging along, taking each day as it comes. I find winter a hard season to get through. I hate the cold and short days. I know I shouldn't complain because winter was slow to kick off this year but give me hot sunshine and long lazy afternoons any day. On the plus side I get lots of fireside stitching time but I do yearn for a swim every now and again!
Our regular monthly get togethers and sewing times keep me going.
When these lovely ladies gather, there is usually lots of show and tell.
Sue has finished Tessellations, a pattern from Brigitte Giblin. What a lovely way to warm up a cold winter's night.
Carol is binding this beauty, made from a pattern by Pam Furniss.
Wendy had a bit of vintage goodness made into a wall collage.
And a few of us are going round and round in Brigitte's "Trip Around The World" quilt challenge. Chris seems to be winning with this reproduction delight!
Mine is looking very small compared to this.......and I am having trouble deciding what to do next. Probably overthinking it!


 I have also been enjoying hand quilting [ in very big stitches ] this flannel quilt from a few years ago, Harperville, a pattern from Kathy Doughty.
So as you can see I am just chugging along,.....quite happily too!
Happy Stitching!

2 comments:

  1. Sewing is the best way to get through winter!! You've got such a inspiring group of friends, so many gorgeous quilts on the go. I've been enjoying seeing the Trip Around the World quilts pop up around blog land, Yours is wonderful with it's bright colours and mix of happy prints.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a wonderful night...............

    ReplyDelete