Tuesday 4 March 2014

A Cultural Interlude

Last week Top Gear and I had a quick trip to Canberra. I can't say I was looking forward to it as it sounded a bit like a school excursion to me.
To soothe my cranky soul, he detoured via Berrima on the way to Canberra......but it backfired because Berrima Patchwork is closed on Tuesdays. I had to suffice with a luscious lunch at The Magpie Cafe.....with cake for dessert!
There was a full agenda in Canberra. Treasures of the Incas at the National Gallery, Ancient Maps at the National Library, the War Memorial, Parliament House, the Telstra Tower........the list went on and on.



The War Memorial was my favourite place. I even managed to find my grandfather's name on the roll of honour and left a poppy for him! It pleased me to report back to my 89 year old Dad that I had done this.
The Telstra Tower was pretty good too! It was good to get perspective over Canberra and surrounds.



The map exhibition was intriguing, maps from Dampier, Tasman and Cook and how they finally pieced our coastline together.......no photos allowed
To be fair, I did enjoy it but my brain got tired........but Top Gear knows how to fix that. Time out here was the perfect pick me up.



This shop has a great range of fabric...... I managed to add to my stash of red and white fabrics.



All in all, we had a great few days and to top it off Berrima Patchwork was open on our way home!
Happy Stitching!



Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. That Does sound like a lot to fit into one trip. Lucky you were able to get to 2 quilt shops to rejuvenate.

    ReplyDelete